List of publications:
- Prabal Barua, Mohammad Shahjahan, Mohammed Arifur Rahman, Syed Hafizur Rahman and Morshed Hossan Molla, 2017, Ensuring the rights of climate-displaced people in Bangladesh, Forced Migration Review, 54, 88-91, UK
- Prabal Barua and Syed Hafizur Rahman, 2017, Indigenous Knowledge Practices for Climate Change Adaptation in the Southern Coast of Bangladesh, IUP Journal of Knowledge Management; Hyderabad, 15.1, 44-62.
- Prabal Barua, Syed Hafizur Rahman and Morshed Hossan Molla, 2017, Heavy Metals Effluence in Sediments and Its Impact on Macrobenthos at Shipbreaking Area of Bangladesh, Asian Profile, vol.45 (2), 167-180, Canada.
- Syed Hafizur Rahman, S. M. Didar-Ul Islam and Tanjena Rume, 2016, Seawater Intrusion in Coastal Region of Bangladesh: Causes, Impacts and Adaptation, Journal of SUB (Special issue on Environment), Vol. 6(2), 44-63.
- Syed Hafizur Rahman, B. M. Refat Faisal, Md. Towfiqur Rahman and Toiaba Binta Taher, 2016, Analysis of VIA and EbA in a River Bank Erosion Prone Area of Bangladesh Applying DPSIR Framework, Climate, 4(4), 52; doi: 10.3390/cli4040052.
- Syed Hafizur Rahman and S. M. Didar-Ul Islam, 2016, Degrading Riverine Ecology of Bangladesh and Options for Management. SUB journal of Sustainable Environment and Development. Vol. 1, 11-27.
- Islam, S.M.D., Rahman, S.H., Hassan, M. and Azam, G., 2016, Municipal Solid Waste Management using GIS Application in Mirpur Area of Dhaka City, Bangladesh, Pollution, 2(2), 141-151 , Spring.
- Taher T.B, Rahman S.H., 2016, ‘Impact of Cyclone Sidr on Rural Livelihood using Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) Tools: A Case Study of a Coastal Unit in Bangladesh’, International Conference on Sustainable Development and Livelihoods [held in 26th to 28th August, 2016 in Malaysia at Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT).
- Saha, A.K., Rahman, S.H. and Hoque, S., 2015, Requirement of lime in tea soils to improve tea growth and yield, Tea J. Bangladesh, vol. 44, pp. 10-18.
- Toiaba Binta Taher and Syed Hafizur Rahman, 2015, Impact of Climate change on Selected Crop Production Pattern: a trend analysis of Barisal District in Bangladesh, BUP JOURNAL, V. 1(3), 54-61.
- Syed Hafizur Rahman, Riffat Ara Yesmin, S.M. Nazrul Islam, Shajahan Siraj, Tanveer Mehedi Adyel and Md. Sabbir Ahmed, 2015, Removal of lead from battery effluent by electrocoagulation, J. Bangladesh Acad. Sci., Vol. 39, No. 2, 125-134.
- Adyel T.M., Taher T.B., Rahman S.H., 2015, Characterization of Electrocoagulated Metal Hydroxide Sludge from Textile Industry by EDXRF, TG/DTA and SEM Techniques, Stamford Journal of Environment and Human Habitat (SJEHH), Vol. (4), pp. 117-126.
- Zia Ahmed, Mahbub Alami, Syed Hafizur Rahman, Sayed Sabbir Ahmed, Mohammad Jahirul Hoque and Romana Afrose Meem, 2015, An integrated environmental assessment of Hakaluki haor ecosystem using DPSIR framework: a case study on Moulovibazar district of Bangladesh, American Research Thoughts, V.1(6), 1631-1650
- Mirza A.T.M. Tanvir Rahman, Shofiul Islam and Syed Hafizur Rahman, 2015, Climate change coping with flood and riverbank erosion using livelihood resources: a case study of Bangladesh, Climate and Development, V. 7(2), 185-191 http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17565529.2014.910163,
- Rekha Rani, Sirajul Hoque, Syed Hafizur Rahman, Mohammad Moniruzzaman, 2015, Fate of Metal Contaminants in Soil added through Industrial Wastewater along the Bank of River Bangshi, Bangladesh Journal of Soil Science, V. 37(2), 13-25
- Rahman, S. H., and Islam, S. T., 2014, Water Sector Integrity in Bangladesh, BAWIN (unpublished Report)
- Syed Hafizur Rahman, B. M. Refat Faisal and Sheik Tawhidul Islam, 2014, Evaluation of NCTB Textbooks (Class III-Class XII) in the context of Disaster Management, NAEM Journal, V.9(18), 18-21
- Syed Hafizur Rahman, Zannatul Ferdous and Sheik Tawhidul Islam, 2014, Vulnerability and Impact Assessment to Climate Change and Ecosystem based Adaptation in a Drought prone area of Bangladesh applying DPSIR Framework, Jahangirnagar University Environmental Bulletin, V.3, 69-82
- Syed Hafizur Rahman, 2014, Undergraduate Course Curriculum of the Department of Environmental Sciences, Jahangirnagar University: Outline, Requirements and Challenges, Seminar proceedings on Basic undergraduate course curricular requirements in Environmental Sciences to meet the challenges of twenty first century, Environmental Science Discipline, Khulna University, 69-74
- Syed Hafizur Rahman, Dilara Khanam, Tanveer Mehedi Adyel, Mohammad Shahidul Islam, Mohammad Aminul Ahsan and Mohammad Ahedul Akbor, 2014, Assessment of Heavy Metal Contamination of Agricultural Soil around Dhaka Export Processing Zone (DEPZ), Bangladesh: Implication of Seasonal Variation and Indices, In: HEAVY METAL CONTAMINATION OF WATER AND SOIL: Analysis, Assessment, and Remediation Strategies, Ed. Elham Asrari, Apple Academic Press, TORONTO NEW JERSEY, PP. 221-246
- Rabbani, G.M., Huq, S. and Rahman, S.H., 2013, Impacts of Climate Change on Water Resources and Human Health: Empirical Evidences from a Coastal District (Satkhira) in Bangladesh (Chapter 15), In Book: Impacts of Climate Change on Water and Health, Ed. Dr. Velma I. Grover, CRC Press, Canada, Taylor & Francis Group P.272-285. (Book Chapter)
- Amin MR, Tareq SM, Rahman SH, Uddin MR, 2013, Effects of Temperature, Rainfall and Relative Humidity on Visceral Leishmaniasis prevalence at two highly affected Upazilas in Bangladesh. Life Sci J, 10(4):1440-1446.
- Golam Rabbani, Syed Hafizur Rahman and Lucy Faulkner, 2013, Impacts of Climatic Hazards on the Small Wetland Ecosystems (ponds): Evidence from Some Selected Areas of Coastal Bangladesh, Sustainability 2013, 5(4), 1510-1521; doi:10.3390/su5041510
- Mohammed Aktaruzzaman, Mohammed Shakhaoat Hossain, Abu Naieum Muhammad Fakhruddin, Mohammed Jamal Uddin, Syed Hafizur Rahman, Muhammed Alamgir Zaman Chowdhury, Mohammad Khorshed Alam, Zeenath Fardous and Mohammad Alamgir Hossain, 2013, Water and bottom sediments quality of brackish water shrimp farms in Kaliganj Upazila, Satkhira, Bangladesh, Soil Environ. 32(1): 29-35
- Tanveer Mehedi Adyel, Syed Hafizur Rahman, Mohammad Moniruz Zaman, Hossain Md. Sayem, Mala Khan, Md. Abdul Gafur, and S. M. Nazrul Islam, 2013, Reuse Feasibility of Electrocoagulated Metal Hydroxide Sludge of Textile Industry in the Manufacturing of Building Blocks, Journal of Waste Management, Volume 2013, Article ID 686981, 9 pages.
- M. R. Amin, S.M. Tareq and S.H. Rahman, 2013, Effects of Climate Variables on Kala-azar Prevalence at Major Affected Districts in Bangladesh, Journal of Environmental Science & Natural Resources, 6(1): 79-87.
- Saadat A. H. M., Islam R. and Rahman, S.H., 2012, Introducing Educational Global Climate Model (EdGCM) for improving education and research in climate change: Bangladesh perspective, Bangladesh Journal of Environmental Research, V-10, P-31-42, Bangladesh.
- Rahman, Mirza A. T. M., Akter, K. and Rahman, S.H., 2012, Evaluation of 5 Days BOD measurement of surface water in Jahangirnagar University Campus, Bangladesh, Bangladesh Journal of Environmental Research, V-10, P-51-57, Bangladesh.
- M.S. Hossain, M. Aktaruzzaman, A.N.M. Fakhruddin, M.J. Uddin, S.H. Rahman, M.A.Z. Chowdhury and M.K. Alam, 2012, Prevalence of Multiple Drug Resistant Pathogenic Bacteria in Cultured Black Tiger Shrimp (Penaeus monodon Fabricius), Global Journal of Environmental Research, Volume 6, No.3, pg.118-124.
- Tanveer Mehedi Adyel, Syed Hafizur Rahman, Mala Khan and S.M. Nazrul Islam, 2012, Analysis of Heavy Metal in Electrocoagulated Metal Hydroxide Sludge (EMHS) from the Textile Industry by Energy Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence (EDXRF), Metals, V.2, P.478-487.
- Rahman, S.H., Khanam, D., Adyel, T.M., Islam, M.S., Ahsan, M.A., Akbor, M.A., 2012, Assessment of Heavy Metal Contamination of Agricultural Soil around Dhaka Export Processing Zone (DEPZ), Bangladesh: Implication of Seasonal Variation and Indices. Appl. Sci., V.2, P.584-601.
- Mirza A.T.M. Tanvir Rahman, Syed Hafizur Rahman and Ratan Kumar Majumder, 2012, Groundwater quality for irrigation of deep aquifer in southwestern zone of Bangladesh, Songklanakarin Journal of Science and Technology, 34 (3), pp.345-352.
- Tanveer Mehedi Adyel, Syed Hafizur Rahman, S.M. Nazrul Islam, Hossain Md. Sayem, Mala Khan and Mohammad Moniruz Zaman, 2012, Geo-engineering potentiality of electrocoagulated metal hydroxide sludge(EMHS) from textile industry and EMHS amended soil for using as building material, International Journal of Current Research, Vol. 4, Issue, 02, pp.021-025.
- Adyel, T.M., Rahman, S.H., Islam, S.M.N., Sayem, H.M., Khan, M. and Gafur, M.A. 2012, Characterization of Brick Making Soil: Geo-engineering, elemental and thermal aspects. Jahangirnagar University Journal of Science, V.35(1), pg.109-118.
- S. Hossain, M. Aktaruzzaman, A. N. M. Fakhruddin, M. J. Uddin, S. H. Rahman, M. A. Z. Chowdhury and M. K. Alam, 2012, Antimicrobial susceptibility of vibrio species isolated from brackish water shrimp culture environment, Journal of Bangladesh Academy of Sciences, V.36(2), P. 213-220.
- T M Adyel, S H Rahman, S M Nazrul Islam, H M Sayem, Mala Khan, M A, Gafur, M M Zaman and M M R Bhuiyan, 2012, Potentiality of Electro-coagulated Metal Hydroxide Sludge (EMHS) from Textile Industry in Manufacturing of Building Materials, ICETCESD 2012, March 10-12, 2012, P. 473-482, Sylhet, Bangladesh
- Rahman, S.H., Islam, S.M.N., Kaiser, N. and Rahman, M.M., 2012, Electrocoagulation (EC) for reduction of Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) of Surface Water. Bangladesh Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, V.47(1), P.77-82.
- Islam, S.M.N., Rahman, S.H., Chowdhury, D.A., Rahman, M.M. and Tareq, S.M., 2012, Seasonal variations of arsenic in the Ganges and Brahmaputra River, Bangladesh. Journal of Scientific Research, V. 4(1), P.65-75.
- Shahriar Rahman and Syed Hafizur Rahman, 2011, Application of GIS Techniques in Urban Solid Waste Management in a Part of Dhaka City: Mohammadpur Thana, Journal of Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection, Vol. 1, No.2, P.76-88.
- Tellam, J. H., Greswell, R. B., Riley, M. S., & Rahman, S., 2011, Manufactured Nanoparticle Movement in the Groundwaters of a Redbed Sandstone: laboratory experiments and field observations. In: Groundwater Quality Management in a Rapidly Changing World, IAHS Publ. 342, P. 50-54.Mirza A. T. M. Tanvir Rahman,
- Dilara Khanam, Syed Hafizur Rahman, M. Shahidul Islam, M. Aminul Ahsan, Badhan Shaha, Md. Ahedul Akbar, Riaj Uddin Beg and Tanveer Mehedi Adyel, 2011, Seasonal Implication of Heavy Metal Contamination of Surface Water around Dhaka Export Processing Zone (DEPZ), Savar, Bangladesh, Jahangirnagar University Journal of Science, V-34(2), P-21-36,
- M. N. Islam, S. H. Rahman, M. M. Rahman, T. M. Adyel, M. S. Ahmed, R. A. Yesmin, M.M. Rahman and N. Kaiser, 2011, Electrocoagulation (EC) Technique for Color Removal from Orange II Dye, Bangladesh Journal of Environmental Research, V-9, P.45-52, Bangladesh.
- S. M. N. Islam, S. H. Rahman, M. M. Rahman, T. M. Adyel, R. A. Yesmin, M. S. Ahmed, and N. Kaiser, 2011, Excessive Turbidity Removal from Textile Effluents Using Electrocoagulation Technique, Journal of Scientific Research, V.3, No. 3, p. 557-568, Bangladesh.
- Rahman, S. and Rahman, S.H., 2011, Indigenous Coping Capacities due to Water-logging, Drinking Water Scarcity and Sanitation at Kopotaksho Basin, Bangladesh, Bangladesh Journal of Environmental Research, V-9, P.7-16, Bangladesh.
- M. Ruhul Amin, S.M. Tareq and S.H. Rahman, 2011, Impacts of Climate Change on Public Health: Bangladesh Perspective, Global Journal of Environmental Research 5 (3): 97-105.
- Rahman, S., Rahman, S.H., Waji Ullah, M., 2010, Assessment of Water-Logging Extent Using RS and GIS Techniques and its Possible Remedial Measures at the Kopotaksho Basin Area, Bangladesh, In: Geographic Technologies applied to Marine Spatial Planning and Integrated Coastal Zone Management, Ed.Helena Calado and Artur Gil, Centro de Informação Geográfica e Planeamento Territorial, Universidade dos Açores, Portugal, P.112-119.
- Richard B. Greswell, Syed H. Rahman, Mark O. Cuthbert and John H. Tellam, 2010, An inexpensive flow-through laser nephelometer for the detection of natural colloids and manufactured nanoparticles, Journal of Hydrology, V.388, P.112-120.
- Rokshana Bilkis, Syed Hafizur Rahman and Arpita Dab, 2010, Evaluation of General Science (Grade VII) of Text book at Junior Secondary Level in the light of Environmental Pollution, NAEM Journal, V.6, No.11, P.119-124, Ministry of Education, Bangladesh.
- Kazi Farhad Iqubal and Syed Hafizur Rahman, 2010, Climate Change and Bangladesh Fisheries: An Overview, Bangladesh, Journal of Environmental Science & Natural Resources, 3(2), 1-13.
- Syed H Rahman, Shafi M Tareq and Tanveer Ahmed, 2009, Degradation of River Ecology: Causes, State and Impacts, Chapter II in River Pollution: Concerns and Expectations, Edited by Ahsan Uddin Ahmed, Published by BELA, P.21-76, Bangladesh.
- Syed Hafizur Rahman and Ruksana Haque Rimi, 2009, Impacts of Climate Change on Crop agriculture at Satkhira, Bangladesh, Young Scientists Conclave, Pressing problems of Mankind: Energy & Climate: Proceedings, TWAS Regional Office for Central and South Asia (TWASSROCASA), P. 28-39, Bangalore, India.
- Syed Hafizur Rahman, Shakil Ahmed, M. Jakariya, 2009, Investigation of Shallow Tubewell Water Quality Considering Nearby Latrine Influence in a Rural Village of Bangladesh, Trends and Sustainability of Groundwater in Highly Stressed Aquifers, IAHS Publ. 329, P. 299-304.
- Rimi, R.H., Rahman, S.H. and Karmakar, S., and Hossain, G., 2009, Trend Analysis of Climate Change and Investigation on its probable Impacts on Rice Production at Satkhira, Bangladesh, Pakistan Journal of Meteorology, V- 6 (11), p.37-50, Pakistan.
- Biswas, J.D., Ghose, S., Islam, M., Rahman, S.H., 2009, Radiological Impact of Coal from Barapukuria Coal Mine, Dinajpur, Bangladesh, Bangladesh Journal of Environmental Research, V-7, P- 31-41, Bangladesh.
- Syed Hafizur Rahman and Shahriar Rahman, 2009, Urban Solid Waste Management using GIS Techniques: A case study on Mohammadpur Thana, Dhaka, Bangladesh, Proceedings of the International Conference on Solid Waste Management Technical, Environmental and Socio-economical Contexts WasteSafe 2009, P.239-248, Khulna, Bangladesh.
- Syed Hafizur Rahman, A.K.M. Rashidul Alam, A.H.M. Saadat and Mohammed Jamal Uddin, 2009, Climate Change Adaptation Practices in Thirty Agroecological Zones of Bangladesh, Unpublished Report, OXFAM International, pp.116, Bangladesh
- Joyce, E., Charles, K., Rahman, S.H., Aller, M.F., Durand, V., Riley, M.S., Greswell, R.B., Renshaw, J.C., Mackay, R., Rivett, M.O., Pedley, S. and Tellam. J.H., 2008, Assessing the hazard from viruses in wastewater recharge of urban sandstone aquifers. Groundwater Quality: Securing Groundwater Quality in Urban and Industrial Environments, IAHS Publ.324, P-319-326.
- Rimi, R.H., Rahman, S.H. and Karmakar, S., 2008, Recent Climate Change Trend Analysis and Future Prediction at Satkhira District, Bangladesh, Journal of Environmental Science & Natural Resources, 1(1): 151-156.
- Rahman, S.H., Neelormi, S., Tareq, S.M., 2008, Environmental Impact Assessments of Textile and Dyeing Industries on Ecosystem of Karnopara Canal at Savar, Bangladesh, Jahangirnagar University Journal of Science, V-31(1), P-19-32, Bangladesh.
- Rahman, S.H. and Tellam, J., 2008, Investigation of Colloid Stability Using a Simple Laser Light Scattering Device, Bangladesh Journal of Environmental Research, V-6, P-65-73, Bangladesh.
Publications Before 2008
- Safiullah, S. , Tareq, S. M., Rahhman, M.M., Kabir, A., Uddin, M.K., Rahman, S.H., Hossain, A. and Ishizuka, T., 2004, Design and Installation of an Arsenic Removing Shallow Tubewell in the Meghna Basin of Bangladesh, Journal of Environmental Science, V-2, P- 1-8, Bangladesh.
- Safiullah, S., Rahman, M., Tareq, S.M., Rahman, S.H., Sultana, M.S., and Howlader, B.K., 2003, Comparative Studies on the Total Arsenic Content and other Related Chemical Species in the Groundwater of Ganges and Meghna Basin, Bangladesh, Bangladesh Journal of Environmental Science, V-1, P- 43-47, Bangladesh.
- Rahman, S.H. and Huq, N.E., 2003, Flood-Grain-Cycle Model for Braided Bar Deposional Environment: A Case Study from Exposed Bar sequence of Char Shibalaya, Near Jamuna-Padma confluence, Bangladesh, Bangladesh Journal of Environmental Science, V-1, P- 89-101, Bangladesh.
- Tareq, S.M. and Rahman, S.H., 2002, Potable water Quality of Jahangirnagar University Campus, Savar, Bangladesh, Jahangirnagar University Journal of Science, V-25, 147-152, Bangladesh.
- Safiullah, S., Alam, F.R., Tareq, S.M., Rahman, S.H., 2001, Speciation and Spatial distribution of Arsenic in Ground Water in Meghna Basin (Sonargaon), Bangladesh, Journal of Bangladesh Academy of Science, V-25, No.2, P-165-169, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Rahman, S.H. and Huq, N.E., 2000, Grain-size analyses of sands of eastern Char Shibalaya near the confluence of the rivers Jamuna and Padma, Bangladesh, Jahangirnagar University Journal of Science, V-22 &. 23, P-121-133, Bangladesh.
- Huq, N.E., Rahman, S.H., & Alam, M.M, 1997, Sedimentology of Bar-top sequence in the Jamuna River near its confluence with the Padma River, Bangladesh, Bangladesh Geoscience Journal, V-3, P-1-18, Bangladesh.